Join Our Team
CAREERS AT JUNIOR ENGINEERS
Do you love technology? Are you a passionate, motivated, innovative thinker with a can-do attitude? Do you want to inspire and influence kids to become future technology innovators?
As part of the Junior Engineers team, you’ll play a key role in developing a platform to teach children computational thinking and programming skills in a fun, intuitive way.
We are a diverse collection of multi-skilled, multi-experienced people who live and breathe technology. We work hard to develop and deliver tech education programs that will captivate and motivate the next generation of kids, setting them up for a long and successful career in digital technology.
If this sounds like you, then we want you on our team!
- School Holiday Program Supervisors
- Business Development Managers
- Territory Managers
We are seeking passionate university students, TAFE and university graduates, tutors and teachers that have a background in computer science, engineering, software/IT, mechatronics and other tech-related fields to become a casual instructor for the company and to teach children under 15 years of age, basic software programming skills and/or workshops in robotics.
Junior Engineers offers a complete induction program and ongoing professional development to keep your knowledge current and to maintain your skillset in technology, computer programming and robotics.
- Direct tutoring experience is not necessary, but a passion for excellence in children’s education is;
- Proficiency in computer programming and/or robotics and mechatronics (Python, Small Basic, Scratch and/or Arduino preferred) and a strong passion for technology;
- During and after school hours, weekend or school holiday availability;
- Dedication, commitment and passion for tutoring and educating kids; and
- Must be willing to apply for a Working With Children Check (expense covered by Junior Engineers).
School Holiday Program Supervisor
Junior Engineers is seeking, enthusiastic, energetic, qualified teachers who are seeking extra work throughout the school holidays and would like to get involved in supervising our fun, hands-on and engaging school holiday programs for kids in coding and robotics.
Program Supervisors do not require any coding experience, rather a background in teaching and classroom management.
The Program Supervisor is responsible for the overall management and delivery of Junior Engineers’ school holiday program at their assigned location and for creating a fun and well managed environment for students.
Program Supervisors are supported by Technical Instructors, who are responsible for the delivery of Junior Engineers’ coding and robotics curriculum.
Key responsibilities include:
- welcoming students and parents and coordinating the sign in and sign out process at the beginning and end of class
- opening and closing the school holiday programs and creating a fun and engaging atmosphere in the classroom
- running engaging, ‘away from the computer’ activities such as ice breakers or energisers to keep kids alert and motivated
- managing first aid matters in the unlikely event of an incident
- classroom control and managing student behaviour
The Program Supervisor may also be required to facilitate non-coding related sessions such as ice breakers, breakout sessions or award ceremonies to break up the day and keep kids engaged and motivated.
All candidates must:
- hold a Bachelor of Education or equivalent teaching qualification
- hold a current first aid certificate
- be able to create a motivational, fun and engaging culture within a classroom setting
- have the ability to lead, manage and motivate teams
- display excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational and time management skills
- have expertise in teaching practices, methodologies and classroom management and the ability to model and facilitate skill development in other teaching staff
Get in touch to find out more!